[Soc-2010-dev] congratulations and intro

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 04:32:55 CEST 2010

Hello and congratulations again to all the students.

My name is Martin (theeth on irc and on p.b.o), I've been mentoring and helping run GSOC for Blender since the first year we participated.

I'm usually the one taking care of administrative matters on p.b.o and on the subversion server. More concretely, that means I'll be giving commit rights and creating user branches.

We ask that you restrict yourself to commits on your branch, unless thoroughly discussed with your mentor. Also, it is in your advantage to keep your branch synch with trunk by merging regularly.

If you've never dealt with branches and merges before, I'll be happy to assist you.

For now, I've created branches for the students that have introduced themselves up to this point. I'll be creating the others as they come in.

As far as commit rights goes, excluding those who already have access, I'll be giving them sometime next week. In the mean time, you can checkout your branch and start discussing with your mentors and others how you should progress.

Thanks for your time and have a good summer.

Martin