[Soc-2010-dev] congratulations and intro

Leif Andersen leif.a.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 22:32:11 CEST 2010

* Have you every used subversion before?
Yes, I have set up, and use an SVN server for my programming assignments in
class.  However, because me and my partners set it up from scratch, I'm not
used to standard SVN etiquette, but that should be simple enough to learn.

* What OS do you use for development?
Mainly Ubuntu-Linux.  I can use any version of Linux/BSD/etc.  if I need to,
but I prefer Linux.  I also have windows for when I need to use visual
studio (mainly for school), but again, I prefer ubuntu.  I also have access
to various mac via my university, if needed.

* What compiler do you use?
Mainly GCC, but I have nothing against other compilers.  As for IDEs, I
really like Eclipse, even though it's bloated, and was designed for Java, I
still like it as a C/C++ IDE.  I also really like Vim, but I have yet to
find a way to compile code right from within Vim, and I find it a trifle
annoying to have to either keep two terminals open, or exit vim to recompile
a piece of code.

* Have you built the blender sources before?
Yes, on ubuntu 9.10.  I have yet to build in on ubuntu 10.04.

* Do you have an IRC nickname?
Leif, occasionally LeifAndersen

* What is your p.b.o username? (see above)
LeifAndersen, Leif was taken already.

* Feel free to include any other info you think
it might be useful to share.
My twitter username is @LeifAndersen, and I suppose you could find out more
about my (misspelled, and grammatically incorrect) rants at
http://leifandersen.net, but it doesn't seem like you will really need those
two pieces of information, but there they are, for reference.

~Leif Andersen

// http://xkcd.com/156/