[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly report

Jingyuan Huang jingyuan.huang at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:34:20 CEST 2009

What I did last week (TODO list):
# Improve the display code. I'm not happy with how it's done now.
I just started looking at this.

# Checkout broken's patch and SH usage in render. Start integrating a
part of it.
I did a very small portion of the integration - moving SH related code
from occlusion.c to compute.c. There is a lot more in Matt's patch,
including UI changes. I think I will leave that for now and come back
after I get the basic brush paint working.

# Create light env by loading HDR files.
There is a function now to load HDR files and generate light
coefficients. The preview doesn't work yet, but I will add another
routine (either today or tomorrow) to output the light probe image
generated from SH coefficients.

I also tried a couple of more complex scene. Since generating diffuse
coefficients is quite fast, the progress bar can wait till I add
shadow coefficients generation.

TODO over the weekend:
1. Change display code.
2. Output reconstructed light probe images and check correctness.

TODO next week:
I will send another email outlining my tasks next week on Sunday.

Issues:
I'm a little baffled by RNA + Python UI. For example, how should I add
an observer for changes in the diffuse colour of a material in
space_buttons?
In RNA,
  RNA_def_property_update(prop, NC_MATERIAL|ND_SHADING_DRAW, NULL);
The UpdateFunc is set to NULL. If I want to do something when the
property is updated, should I create an UpdateFunc and point to it?

Best Wishes
Jingyuan Huang