[Soc-2009-dev] Friday Reports!

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Fri May 29 15:51:59 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

It's Friday, the day in which Friday status reports are
required. I know this is the first week, so don't worry
if you don't have much to show as you settle into
Blender development, but it's still useful for us to
ensure that you are all still responsive, and to
try to work through any problems you might have.
So, when you have a moment today please send a mail
to this mailing list describing:

a) What you did in the previous week;
b) What you plan to do in the following week;
c) Describe any issues you are having that may
require extra attention;
d) Let us know whether you feel that you are on
schedule, ahead of schedule, or behind schedule. If
you are behind schedule, please let us know what we
can do together to get things back on track.

I see everybody is set up with their SVN branches
now. A point to remember: commit often! At the
very least it will give you a backup of your
work, but even better it gives you an easy point
you can roll back to if you find your development
isn't going well. Another advantage is related
to peer review: your mentor and other interested
parties can examine and beta test your code and
provide useful feedback.

Best regards,
Chris