[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly report - Collada module

Chingiz Dyussenov chingiz.ds at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:25:28 CEST 2009

I have read first chapters of Collada spec 1.5, now I have the idea of it's
fundamentals, how it represents geometry. Collada allows polygons with more
than 4 vertices. In Blender faces are made by only 3 or 4 vertices. I will
convert all polygons to triangles for now.

Got acquainted with the basics of Collada DOM.

Had a short introduction to Blender operator basics and menus based on
operators. Now I know how to use addvertlist, addfacelist functions to
construct meshes.

I talked to my mentor about where in Blender to put Collada DOM library and
my sources. Here is the directory blender/source/blender/collada.

I am going to start coding the geometry part, import/export vertices with
normals, uvs and colors.