[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly report and plan

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 02:59:10 CEST 2009

Hey,

--- On Sun, 5/10/09, Jingyuan Huang <jingyuan.huang at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't do much last week, except for some simple code
> changes on UI.
> I messaged you the change on IRC. In case you didn't
> get it, you can
> review it here:
> http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~j23huang/projects/shlight/uichange.txt.
> There is no hurry committing it this week, but I may want
> to commit it
> anyway (after code review of course) because of all the
> merges from
> 2.5 branch.

As far as code review goes, especially since you're working in a branch, I would prefer that you'd just commit your changes and then I'll review from the change set. It gives a little more context than a straight patch and you wouldn't be stalled if I'm busy for some days.

> I added a thread on blender artists today so I will be
> collecting
> feedbacks and update user specs next week.

This is the thread, if anyone wants to follow up on this.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=155702

> I also added a new use case
> description in response to your concern in my other email.

Great. I agree, automatically updating diffuse coeffs on geometry changes but doing shadow coeffs only on user triggered is a good compromise.

> Next week I will work on the design doc. I'd like to
> map out the
> potential changes for each component. The design doc may
> not be
> complete by the end of the week since I may miss some
> points here and
> there, but it can always be an iterative process for me to
> improve it.

Great.

Cheers,
Martin