[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly Report

Jingyuan Huang jingyuan.huang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:24:06 CEST 2009

== What I did ==
1. IBL integration
The integration was kept simple. Manual describing how to use light
env in rendering is here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Yukishiro/User_Manual_for_Light_Paint#Render_using_Light_Environment
I didn't add any importance sampling stuff. The system only loads
angular map now. Sphere ones will be added later at light node stage.

2. Fix small things that are left besides up to this point.
I've been fixing small things. I created a bug list here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Yukishiro/Bug_List
I will continue fix things on that list.

3. Update user manual and ask people on BA to test it out.
I haven't posted on BA yet. (will probably do so tonight)

4. Dependence on lapack.
Nathan helped me with Windows build. I tested Intel Mac build and
haven't got complaints so far. Linux build actually requires separate
lapack installation; libraries are not included in blender's lib
directory.

== What I will do ==
0. I need to tag a build (will do so probably this weekend after a few
bug fixes)
1. I will dedicate my time on bug fixing and system stablization up
till June 30. (bug fixing will still continue after that)
2. Collect feedbacks from artists.
3. Light node stage begins on July 1st.

== Issues ==
1. It'd be great if I can get help to post several builds on graphicall.org.
2. I intended to include shadow coefficients generation, but I gave up
because it's too close to the first stage deadline. I also need some
guidelines on using render external API (i.e. do shadow detection for
the entire scene but avoid copying information if possible).

== Schedule ==
So far so good. (unless someone disagrees. :P)

== Eye Candy ==
I can record a youtube movie to show light paint, but the best way to
go is probably ask the artists to try it out themselves.

Best Wishes
Jingyuan Huang