[Soc-2009-dev] Reports + Midterms + Blendernation

Chingiz Dyussenov chingiz.ds at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:29:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Chris Want <cwant at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Another early reminder that your Friday reports are due tomorrow!
> Please answer the standard questions [1] in your reports!
>
> I would like to point out that midterms start in less than
> two weeks, so now would be a good time to pay special attention
> to any goals you may have set for the midterm.
>
> Pretty soon I would like to start doing Blendernation articles
> about your projects. Out of curiosity, does anybody have a
> project that can currently generate some nice eye candy for
> an article? (Preferably on a wiki page that I can link to.)
> Some examples of articles from last year are:
>

> http://www.blendernation.com/2008/06/04/freestyle-integration-with-blender-first-tests/
> http://www.blendernation.com/2008/07/15/blender-gsoc-multires-screencasts/
>
> http://www.blendernation.com/2008/08/08/summer-of-code-python-editor-project/
>
> http://www.blendernation.com/2008/08/14/summer-of-code-shrinkwrap-modifier-project/
>
> http://www.blendernation.com/2008/08/16/indirect-lighting-with-blender-internal-renderer/
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> [1] The standard report questions are:
>
> a) What did you do in the previous week?

This week  was pretty productive! Finally, basic geometry import is ready!
Also, I've made some small fixes to exporter. Users can try to import/export
geometries.

> b) What do you plan to do in the following week?

Next week I am going to code import/export material properties, multiple uv
sets,
per-face materials.

> c) What issues are you having that might require
> extra attention?

 Does anyone have an idea how to import polygons with more than 4 vertices?
Currently the importer simply ignores such polygons.