[Soc-2009-dev] Merge Troubles

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Jun 25 23:13:37 CEST 2009

Joshua Leung wrote:
> At last the merge worked!
>
> For the record:
> 1) I had to save over a few offending files (rna_object_force.c,
> ed_pointcache.c) with different line endings a few times and commit them
> 2) Merge as usual
> 3) For every conflicted file, I just dismissed the conflicts and copied
> over the 2.5 versions

By the way, another way to work around this in the future
might be to temporarily remove the eol-style property of
the file when you get an error, then re-add it after you
finish your merge. An example:

1) Joshua tries to merge, but the file /path/to/foo.c gives
an "inconsistent line endings" error;
2) Joshua removes the eol-style property with:

svn propdel svn:eol-style /path/to/foo.c

(or TortoiseSVN equivalent);
3) Joshua repeats as needed with other files;
4) Joshua finishes the merge, commits changes;
5) Joshua adds the property back with:

svn propset "svn:eol-style native" /path/to/foo.c

(or TortoiseSVN equivalent).
6) Joshua repeats as needed with other files;

Chris