[Soc-2009-dev] Merge Troubles

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 24 16:31:19 CEST 2009

Joshua Leung wrote:
> File Attached...

Hi Joshua,

I'm finding that there are random ^M's all throughout this
file. The particular lines that are problematic are the
ones that were modified in blender2.5 by GSR (revision
21093) where he fixed some EOL's and then in 21094 he
changed properties on the file to prevent further mixed
line endings. I'm guessing this was done sometime after
the last time you merged, and that the changed SVN
properties are what is stopping you from being able to
merge. I'll talk to him about this today. I suspect we
need to train people to set SVN properties right when
they add new files to the repository. In the meantime,
do you have cygwin? If so, you might want to run 'dos2unix'
on the file and see if that helps.

By the way, it appears that the original problem of
mixed line endings was caused by revision 21050 by
Janne Karhu (cc-ed on this message). Janne, can you
check your editor for a setting that might avoid such
problems in the future?

Chris