[Soc-2009-dev] Early reminder!

Arystan Dyussenov arystan.d at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:41:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Chris Want <cwant at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Just an early reminder that your Friday reports are due
> tomorrow! Please answer the standard questions [1] in your
> reports!
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> P.S. How are you guys doing with your documentation/wiki stuff?
>

> [1] The standard report questions are:
>
> a) What did you do in the previous week?

This week was very productive from my p.o.v. Mainly because Brecht shared
his opinion about Python API and helped me understand RNA-related things
better. This week we created several functions that fit nicely into
RNA-Python API and could become part of the final API version. We've also
came up with good code structuring/placement.

> b) What do you plan to do in the following week?

Implement more API functions for RNA structs. Which functions to implement
exporters and importers will show that I'll be also converting next week.

> c) What issues are you having that might require
> extra attention?
>
> d) Do you feel that you are on schedule, ahead of schedule,
> or behind schedule? If you are behind schedule, please let
> us know what we can do together to get things back on track.

Frankly I'm out of the schedule I proposed. This doesn't mean I won't be
able to complete this project. Neither this means that I'm sure I will
complete this project. I'd rather say the schedule I came up with was
ungood. Maybe this means that the final API will have limited functionality
as compared to 2.4 API. But hopefully not. Anyway these things I'll first
discuss will Campbell and Brecht.

For now I'll continue working and see what happens.

I'm going to a start wiki page that will demonstrate how to use the new API.

Arystan