[Soc-2009-dev] Fw: Re: Rendering context threading bug

Jingyuan Huang jingyuan.huang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:45:25 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,
Light paint is disabled on purpose in solid view for now. It made more
sense to me to show lighting effects in shaded view than solid view,
but that can be easily changed. In fact I may change it very soon
since this bug is now causing crashes at random, which is very
annoying.

I've been trying to integrate light probe preview to the current
preview renderer.
http://projects.blender.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=20919

I just checked in my changes (link above). If you look at rendercore.c
you can see that it's a quite ugly change. The problem is that
calculating light env isn't a part of rendering, and doesn't need the
renderer to do stuff. I tried to "integrate" its computation into
renderer but it was quite unsuccessful so I fell back onto this ugly
solution now.

I CC'ed the ML in case anyone can give me some pointers on how to
render the lightenv preview correctly.

Best Wishes
Jingyuan Huang
Computer Graphics Lab