[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly report - Collada module

Arystan Dyussenov arystan.d at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:26:17 CEST 2009

Hi, Sebastian,

I'm Arystan, Chingiz's elder brother. I'm helping him a bit with OpenCollada
studying. Recently we've stumbled upon a bug in OpenCollada.

The following code resulted in an empty URL on his Intel Celeron:

COLLADABU::URI(COLLADABU::Utils::EMPTY_STRING, "#id")

On my AMD Athlon 64 however it worked ok. We're both using Linux. Debugging
revealed that regexp matcher didn't accept a correct URI ("#something") on
his computer. The problem turned out to be in compiled regexps.

I'm attaching the diff of the fix, regexps are now compiled on runtime only
once on demand. Although correctness of regexps needs to be checked.

Arystan