[Soc-2009-dev] Weekly report

Chingiz Dyussenov chingiz.ds at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 18:48:37 CEST 2009

Hi all,

This week, as I planned, I worked mostly on export/import materials, UVs and
textures. The export part is ready, on import part UVs and textures left.

Here is a list of options which Collada exporter/importer currently
supports:

Exporter:

*Scene - exports only active scene. Layers are't supported yet.
*Geometry - only meshes.
*Materials - per-face materials; multiple UV layers and texture channels
(diffuse, emission, ambient, specular, reflective); shaders - phong, blinn,
others are exported as lambert; shader options: diffuse, emission, ambient,
specular, reflective, reflectivity, transparency, shininess, index of
refraction.
*Cameras, Lights - unfinished, not all options are exported. All light types
are supported, except area.

Importer:

*Scene - imports all scenes in active scene.
*Geometry - only meshes. Faces having more than 4 or less than 3 vertices
won't be imported. Will add support for this later.
*Materials - per-face materials.

Next week I am going to start export/import animation.
I am on schedule.

Chingiz