[Soc-2009-dev] Raytrace api

André Pinto andresusanopinto at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 01:48:12 CEST 2009

===Week 8 and 9 report===

As said, I have been camping in iceland (on a scout activity named Roverway)
I greatly recommend hiking in iceland for all nature lovers

==Questions==
Sorry for not sending report on friday.. but since I hadn't done anything
last week I thought it was useless (but cwant asked for it.. so here it is).

This email servers more as a "Hi everybody! I actually survived iceland!"
I actually cannot say I am totally ok.. because I have this cough.. but
probably that's because of many weather changes and some long travel times
(>24hours non sleep)"

==Next week==
Look on tree building
Better single tree build code (that is only a tree with all the primitives)
Expecteds runtime diference can be seen on the "*-single" versions though
due to nlog^2n building its not that easy to see its diference (
http://andresp.no-ip.org/soc2009/btest/html/test_real)

==Schedule==
I have lost any advanced in schedule I had.

Though the important part has all been coded.. and its faster and very close
to expected 2-10 times faster (yeah it changes a lot between scenes, some
are ~20 times faster.. others only 1.3).

I guess the important is now todo some more speed tweaks and then make it
stable enough to be merged.

---
André Susano Pinto