[Soc-2009-dev] Google SoC Students/Mentors

André Pinto andresusanopinto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 00:00:52 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

My nick is jaguarandi @ irc, blenderwiki, pbo.

* Have you every used subversion before?
Last SoC and on every school work

* What OS do you use for development?
Debian GNU linux

* What compiler do you use?
Currently I use gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1)

* Have you built the blender sources before?
i have compiled both trunk and 2.5 using scons

* Do you have an IRC nickname?
* What is your p.b.o username?
jaguarandi

* Will you be working from trunk (2.49) or from the 2.5 branch?
I will let you know later.. I must confirm with brecht

* Would you like to have your branch now?
Yep, as soon I know which branch/trunk... that way I can start sooner :D

And I also advise other students to do so.. then you can learn how to sync
from branchs even before start coding
Useful link:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.branchmerge.copychanges.html

* Feel free to include any other info you think it might be useful to share.
Congratulations to all students!
Btw IMHO hanging on irc is good for your SoC projects!

And thanks to the mentors :)

Bests,
André