[Soc-2008-dev] Friday Reports!

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Fri May 30 08:45:18 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

It's Friday, the day in which Friday status reports are
required. I know this is the first week, so don't worry
if you don't have much to show as you settle into
Blender development, but it's still useful for us to
ensure that you are all still responsive, and to
try to work through any problems you might have.
So, when you have a moment today please send
a mail to this mailing list describing:

a) What you did in the previous week;
b) What you plan to do in the following week;
c) Describe any issues you are having that may
require extra attention;
d) Let us know whether you feel that you are on
schedule, ahead of schedule, or behind schedule. If
you are behind schedule, please let us know what we
can do together to get things back on track.

Also, if you have a chance, please test committing
to your subversion branches. I also feel compelled
to offer some advice about open source development:
commit often! At the very least it will give you
a backup of your work, but even better it gives you
an easy point you can roll back to if you find
your development isn't going well. Another
advantage is related to peer review: your mentor
and other interested parties can examine and
beta test your code and provide useful feedback.

Best regards,
Chris