[Soc-2008-dev] Week 5 report

Dhanannjay (DJ) Deo dhandeo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 21:51:16 CEST 2008

This week
--------------

1) Modified a representative set of scripts to accept parameters without
GUI, I am completed with 4 formats completely I now know the procedure to
isolate scrip by removing all GUI requests and adding the parameter options
for the calling function. The calling routines ar still not named in
particular, but they are imported with a different name in test suite.

2)  Have importers importing them back for consistent interface, this
completes sanity check. But as not all formats support similar features for
imports and exports these tests are not very meaningful.

3) A pdf is a added to wiki (will be modified till the end) describing the
options that are asked by each of the formats

Next week
---------------

1) Re-implement the parsers for formats as interns sanity check for
exporters
2) complete the import and export sanity for all formats, this sets the unit
testing framework, later-on more tests can be added.
3) Try to make a consistent interface for all
4) Anything that comes up during the discussion with the Mentor

Issues
---------

Schedule
-------------
I think I am going good this time, though I am not exactly aware of the
expectations.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Ian Thompson <quornian at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Week 5 Report
> =============
>
> This Week
> ---------
> Integrated the completion script into Blender as a menu item
> (shortcuts still to add). Suggestions are cached and updated as the
> user types/deletes text. Built a UI for choosing suggestions and
> updating the list.
>
> Also added messages to warn the user when a file is changed externally
> when editing a file-linked Text object or when the file is deleted.
> The messages provide options for reloading or saving over changes. A
> Text object can also be detached (made internal only) from a deleted
> or changed file.
>
> Next Week
> ---------
> Build a system for scripts to register keys in the Text space.
> Continue tweaking and improving the plugin scripts. Find internet
> access while I'm away! Work on a documentation script.
>
> Issues
> ------
> I'm away from home for two weeks so may struggle to be online but will try.
>
> Schedule
> --------
> On schedule at the moment.
>

> 2008/6/27 André Pinto <andresusanopinto at gmail.com>:
> > ==== Week 5 ====
> >
> > == this week ==
> > This week I developed (as planned) the SimpleDeform modifier
> > which allows to apply bend, taper and twist functions to objects.
> >
> > == Next ==
> > Next week Ill improve the simpledeform..
> > add vertex weights, and a few more options to make them easier usable
> >
> > If I have time ill start looking on code to do sphere cast.. so that I
> > can solve the problem of keptDist on shrinkwrap.
> >
> > == issues ==
> > During this week I also had a few chats with members on #blendercoders
> > about the simpledeform and it seems the main problem is usability ..
> > like developping manipulators to control the modifier options, and
> > other easier configurable things.. tough since blender 2.5 is going to
> > be about UI, I am not developping any efforts on that area.
> >
> > == schedule ==
> > last exam was this week (I hope :) )
> > Going to have more time from now on

> >> I just wanted to point out I didn't say it has to be done in c.
> >> What's needed is a nice way for users to add/edit/modify these
> >> large numbers of lights.  If you think c is the way to go with it
> >> thats fine,
> >> if you think python works better though go with that.
> >>
> >> Also since you have your own tree, I say add them in now with maybe
> >> a readme.
> >> Don't feel bad about moving them later or removing
> >> them and replacing them with other code.
> >>
> >> Kent

Dhanannjay (DJ) Deo

(Vidyaya Amrutam Ashnute, Let us go beyond life and death with the knowledge
of truth)