[Soc-2008-dev] Week 3 Report

Ian Thompson quornian at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:44:37 CEST 2008

Week 3 Report
=============

This Week
---------
Most of this week has been spent experimenting with different approaches to
parsing and inspecting python documents. After finding the inspect module just
last night, much of what I'd done earlier in the week became redundant. However,
in a short space of time I've managed to explore the possibilities exposed by
this module and I'm confident I'll be able to have a working completion system
up in the next week.

Next Week
---------
 - From last week: handle externally modified files
 - Get completion up and running
 - Add python bindings for manipulating Texts (at least those needed for
   completion)

Issues
------
Everything seems to be coming together now so no issues but I am away for the
weekend as it is Father's Day and will probably miss the meeting.

Schedule
--------
At the moment I'm a little behind and I didn't complete the targets I'd set for
this last week. However the discovery of inspect is going to make things much
easier so the pace will pick up again now.