[Soc-2008-dev] Week 9 report

André Pinto andresusanopinto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 23:37:35 CEST 2008

Week 9
======

This week
---------
After "playing" a lot with shrinkwrap and discussing with a few
artists and coders..

The "remove faces" and "merge points" options were removed form
shrinkwrap. Users gave some feedback on that option not being very
usefull and actually creating bad meshs topologys.. being it easier
for the user to adjust a few vertexs.

Well removing that option from shrinkwrap made it turn on a deformOnly
modifier.. and then I coded the right part for allowing to be
aplicable on curves and surfaces.. and also it allows to apply mutires
modifier on top of shrinkwrap (some users gave a negative feedback
when this wasnt possible).

(This is shrinkwrap cloth modelling using options remove vertexs and
merge vertexs.. it makes bad topology and its better to fix the shape
instead of a simple projecting a plane)
http://www.vimeo.com/1383279

Next week
---------
I wont be home next week and I wont have access to any computer or
internet. I also wont be able to be present at this sunday irc
meeting.
(Mentor is aware of it).

But for the nexts weeks I am working on finishing the "TODO"s and
making stuff in a more "finish" state like documentation and fixing
stuff.

I still have some features I would to implement (and that I developed
some code this week..) but they are not working yet:
 *Make shrinkwrap work as a contraint (so its aplicable on an object
coordinates and on emptys)

Issues
------
Some issues with constraint code..  I was told Aligorith is the right
person to ask (currently waiting him to be online)

Schedule
--------
I got behind this week.. with almost no code released :S