[Soc-2008-dev] Week 8 report

Nicholas Bishop nicholasbishop at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 01:05:08 CEST 2008

a) Previous week:
Improved the displacement subdivision code to work with any number of
levels separating the start and end levels.

b) Next week:
Now that that works, the next step is to integrate it with the
interior level updates. Basically, what needs to happen is that
instead of it subdividing vertex coordinates, it will subdivide the
object-space displacement between where the vertices started at and
where they ended up. After subdivision, the newly subdivided
displacements will be added to the old displacements, and that will
mean sculpting on any level will work with any other.

Once that's done, I'm going to start work on loading old multires
files into the new format.

c) Other:
--

d) Schedule: