[Soc-2008-dev] Week 7 report

Davide Vercelli davide.vercelli at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 00:58:51 CEST 2008

Week 7
======

This week
---------
As expected and clearly stated last week, this week I had less time to
dedicate to gsoc. Still, I added a small feature that, as far as I
know, blender internal lacked so far: textured area lights, where by
"textured" I don't mean they sort of project some textures on the
scene, but they actually have varying color throughout their area.
This is still pretty much work in progress though.

(As a side note, I also visited Google London where I proudly wore my
Blender t-shirt and where I'm pretty sure that I saw a couple of
googlers editing a video using Blender...)

Next week
---------
Verifiable target: add support for all diffuse types. I have yet to
look into the code, so some of them may turn out to be not easily
boundable and thus not really "supported" in the end.

Issues
------
None.

Schedule
--------
I think that I am on schedule.
Please note that I expect july to be slower paced than august; this is
because in the next few weeks I'll be leaving London after a lengthy
stay and I need to wrap up several things (including packing,
bureaucratic stuff, etc.).

Davide