[Soc-2008-dev] Week 10 report
maxime.curioni at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 05:33:58 CEST 2008
I got the Python API integrated and spent the week testing it. Even though I
am not totally done, most of the system is in place. I have had to
reimplement cross-platform polymorphism for our API and that demanded some
low-level changes and quite a lot of testing. The greatest challenge is
having to support different situations that do not mix well together (return
by reference / reference by value, templates, polymorphism support,
namespace collisions). I consider myself in the last moments of the testing
phase. I am currently having issues with shaders that are implemented in
Python. I should have the needed corrections finished tonight.
I was supposed to start lib3ds but because of this much needed testing on
the SWIG-less Python API, I didn't get to it yet. I will do once Python
shaders also work correctly.
Another important feature developed is the ability to select the style
module dynamically at run-time. It is not hard-coded anymore. The style
module can be selected via the Freestyle tab in the Scene panel. This has
allowed me to see which style modules do not work properly on the current
I need to support lib3ds by next week and integrating the rendering directly
within Blender's internal engine.
I am late in the schedule. The biggest worry I have is that it is my last
week of work before the August 18 deadline, since I am leaving on August 9
for a week at SIGGRAPH. Being a volunteer, I will not have time to advance
the project from August 9 to August 17.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Soc-2008-dev