[Soc-2008-dev] Week 10 report

Ian Thompson quornian at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 2 01:10:34 CEST 2008

Week 10 Report
==============

This Week
---------
Word-wrap is pretty much complete. Some of the code is not as neat as I'd hoped
so a little tidying probably needs doing but it's almost there. It turned out a
fair bit more difficult than I expected but it all seems to work nicely now.
Some rigorous testing is, no doubt, in order.

The plugin scripts have had little attention this week in favour of designing a
system of markers for the editor. However they do now support the basic Python
types, which I had hoped to get done.

The markers will allow some more interesting plug-ins to be created so it should
be quite an exciting week ahead.

Next Week
---------
Get the marker system and some basic uses implemented ("find all" perhaps).
Discuss the design of this system and make sure it remains as versatile and
extensible as possible. Stick to the design: the one hour rebuild after each
SDNA change is not cool. I also need to get another video done for the wiki and
ultimately BlenderNation, hopefully with markers if they are ready in time.

Issues
------
None (...rebuilding!)

Schedule
--------
Pretty happy with the way things are going. The end of this week should conclude
the major changes allowing more time to tweak and improve the systems. Then it's
time to document everything, tidy up any crazy code, test and prepare for
integration.