[Soc-2008-dev] [Fwd: Re: Google SoC Students/Mentors]

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Apr 23 22:02:40 CEST 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Soc-2008-dev] Google SoC Students/Mentors
Date: 	Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:41:39 -0400
From: 	Dhanannjay (DJ) Deo <dhandeo at gmail.com>
To: 	Chris Want <cwant at ualberta.ca>

Hello all (Mentee's and Mentors),

Sorry I was running behind few deadlines yesterday .. here is my
response to few introductory questions,
My fingers are already twitching for the summerfull coding ..

     * Have you every used CVS or subversion before?

I regularly use subversion, but I am not very experienced with conflicts
and merging operations.
It is so much better to have branches ready :)

     * What OS do you use for development?

I use both, windows at school (lab), and linux (ubuntu - gusty gibbon)
otherwise

     * What compiler do you use?

gcc (not sure of the version, I think ubuntu comes with 4.2) ,  gcc
(from mingw)  and VS 2005 express for windows)

     * Have you built the blender sources before?

Yes, I couldnot install mozilla-dev, and therefore had to disable game
kit compilation, but on windows this were fine.

     * Do you have an IRC nickname?

"dhandeo"

     * Feel free to include any other info you think
     it might be useful to share.

Have a gala time with blender development !!

CHEERs n Regards,

--
Dhanannjay (DJ) Deo

(Vidyaya Amrutam Ashnute, Let us go beyond life and death with the
knowledge of truth)