[Soc-2008-dev] Google SoC Students/Mentors

Ian Thompson quornian at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:45:42 CEST 2008

>  Congratulations to the successful Summer of Code
>  applicants!

Thanks very much. Looking forward to getting started. Oh, and hi everyone.

>  If you don't have a p.b.o account, please sign up
>  for one and send me your username. If you currently
>  have an account, send me your username.

My username on p.b.o and sourceforge is alienit. Everywhere else I go by quorn.

>  * Have you every used CVS or subversion before?

Used SVN for my own projects and for commiting to sourceforge but
never collaboratively. Will be good.

I'll have to play around with merging too. I recommend anyone creating
a local repository for testing. It's a good way to learn.

>  * What OS do you use for development?

I'll be using Windows.

>  * What compiler do you use?

Visual C++ 2005 Express

>  * Have you built the blender sources before?

Yes, with Cygwin and now VC++ which is a lot nicer once set up.

>  * Do you have an IRC nickname?

quorn

Ian