[Soc-2008-dev] Google SoC Students/Mentors

Maxime Curioni maxime.curioni at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 04:16:59 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,
I am also thrilled to be part of the program. Thank you for having accepted
my proposal.

>  If you don't have a p.b.o account, please sign up
>  for one and send me your username. If you currently
>  have an account, send me your username.
My username on p.b.o is 'mxcurioni'.

>  * Have you every used CVS or subversion before?
yes

>  * What OS do you use for development?
Mac OS X 10.5.x

>  * What compiler do you use?
gcc provided by Apple (current version: 4.0.1)

>  * Have you built the blender sources before?
yes

>  * Do you have an IRC nickname?
'mxcurioni' (on the wiki, my username is 'mx')

>  * Feel free to include any other info you think
>  it might be useful to share.
I just want to mention I will be doing the first part of my development
(until end of June) on my Macbook. Like other MB users, I am experiencing
severe UI slowdowns (probably due to the Intel GMA chipset). I am currently
using the proposed work-around (disabling double-buffering) but it is pretty
unstable: Blender sometimes crashes for no apparent reason. I'll have a
MacPro for the rest of the summer, so I will be able to release my work
after having tested it on more 'normal' machines. I just hope that will not
be a big issue.

Thanks again for accepting my project,
Maxime