[Soc-2007-dev] Friday status report

Levi Schooley levischooley at eaglecom.net
Fri Jul 13 22:42:18 CEST 2007

what I accomplished this past week:
1. I incorporated the transfer of custom data into the derivedmesh
conversion functions and made sure that the bevel/bmesh code was
transferring it properly.
2. I accomplished quite a lot in designing the separation of
geometrical transformations from topological operations, and in
working out the mechanism for multi-resolution (though I haven't
even begun coding that yet).
3. I reorganized my code a little based on the things discussed in
the Sunday meeting.
4. I added beveling support for non-manifold geometry (any tool
crashes or wrong topology can now be considered bona fide bugs).
5. I added wire beveling.

What I am planning on doing next week:
1. Separate transform data from the topological operations using a
custom per-element transform data struct to store transform data
and a ghash table to map between the verts and their transform
data structs.
2. Clean, reorganize, and refine code to prepare for advanced
editmode and modifier options.
3. Begin work on editmode tool interaction.
4. (maybe) Begin work on vertex weighting for the bevel modifier.

Problems:
I am not able to attend the Sunday meetings. However, unlike the
previous two weeks, I don't really have anything that I feel needs
to be brought up, other than a general status update. So, unless
someone has something they feel needs to be discussed, I'll wait
and see if next week brings anything interesting before posting
another Sunday meeting agenda.

Levi