[Soc-2007-dev] Sunday meeting absence: topics for discussion

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 10:54:03 CEST 2007

Levi Schooley wrote:

> Yes, but the major problem is accessing the BMesh data. BMesh is
> not yet an actual, recognized mesh or object type. It is
> "scheduled" to replace editmesh, but until then, a mesh object in
> editmode has editmesh data as far as the Transform() functions are
> concerned. Since the Transform() functions grab the data from
> global variables, the only options would be to a) perform the
> editmesh-to-bmesh-and-back-again conversions from within
> Transform() (during initialization?), or b) to point to the bmesh
> data using another global variable, and to pass a new context
> parameter to bypass the normal G.obedit and object-type checks.

One idea would be to make an "interactive" mode for modifiers.  That
way the bevel modifier
alone could double as a editmode tool.  The idea is when you make the
modifier, you'd
enter a special "modifier edit mode."  I guess this is all a bit too much to
cover in a SoC project, though.

Personally, I'd tend to be agaisn't having a G.editBMesh variable,
since g.editMesh is where
bmesh will live (and does in the bemesh branch).  Can you add it as a
member of EditMesh
instead?

Joe