[Soc-2006-dev] google feedback

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Fri Sep 29 17:10:44 CEST 2006

Kent Mein wrote:
> Google is asking us to send someone there for a day to talk about
> SOC and try to improve it both through things Google can do for us,
> and possibly if there are ways that we can work with other orgs to
> also improve things.

Thanks for the feedback Kent, Tom. It looks like I'll be
going to this Mentor Summit, and there is a space for one
other admin/mentor to go. It is on Saturday, October 14
at Google headquarters in Mountainview, CA. Unfortunately,
due to the various Blender conferences it is a tricky
time of year for most. Google will pay for the flight,
and for hotel on the night of October 13. If anybody is
interested, let me know (Google would prefer admin/mentors,
but would also accept mentors that had signed up with
the SoC web app but did not participate).

Please let me know if there is anything else I should
bring to the table when I am there. This applies to
students too -- let us know in which ways you feel
the quality of the program could be improved, both on
the Blender side, and on the Google side.

Regards,
Chris