[Soc-2006-dev] The conclusion of SoC 2006

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Mon Aug 21 19:51:44 CEST 2006

Jean-Luc Peurière wrote:
> Chris btw,
>
> are you forced to make a diff from blender cvs ?
> if it is to evaluate the work done, a diff from
> soc Head should be enough, no ?

Hi Jean-Luc,

I think the sole purpose for the diff is to get
a count of how many lines were changed during the
project for some kind of statistical analysis.
For this kind of thing, it makes sense to take
the diff from the point at which the student last
merged their SoC branch -- that is, I will diff
the student's branch at the present time with
the BLENDER_DIST branch on the date of their
last merge.

Anyways, we'll find out more from google soon,
so maybe they have something else in mind ...

Chris