[Soc-2006-dev] Re: Fw: Re: TetGen licence

Dmitriy Mazovka mazovka at bk.ru
Mon Aug 7 22:58:17 CEST 2006

// Draf letter back to Hang Si,
// --> to be reviewed / approved <--

Hello, Hang.
Thank you for the answer. I'm very grateful for your quick and positive
letter. Integrated TetGen works good and my cloud particle generator
has got an ability to process nonconvex meshes.

But unfortunately there appeared some worries among blender people
about licensing. Blender, as GPL-licensed cannot use non-GPL code.
I did not know that before. I understood, there could be problems
with it. But hoped our agreement will be enough.

The only functionality we need from TetGen - just tetrahedralization of
nonconvex tri-meshes. Such powerful things as quality construction, even
delaunization are not important in my algorithms. Is it alright to release
that part (adjusted as more as possible) with blender under the GPL?

If you will need more information about GPL, or something also, I will
be happy to answer.

Best regards,
Dmitriy