[Soc-2005-dev] Ping! (status update please)

Emmanuel Stone emmanuel.stone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:03:26 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm working on parametric curves & surfaces in Blender.

The first 2 and half weeks were spent almost entirely on 'research',
i.e. trying to figure out how both Blender and Nurbana approach the
design of the parametric surfaces, and in the case of Blender seeing
how that design fits in with the architecture of the application as a
whole. I was surprised at how long the initial stage took, but I am
glad that I didn't rush it, because I probably understand Blender
better than I would have if i just started straight away. On thursday
and friday last I started adding support for B-Spline and Cardinal
splines in blender, the B-splines are progressing nicely and, unless I
encounter unexpected problems, should be implemented soon. Cardinal
splines should be reasonably straight forward after that.

I hope to still be able to complete my proposal, but there will be a
lot of work at the end. Also having looked at both Nurbana and
Blender's architecture's, I am uncertain as to how 'compatible' they
will be. We'll have to just wait and see.

I had some problems meeting my mentor, since we seem to live in
diametrically opposite time-zones, but I think we've sorted something
out. When I do get to talk to him, he's very very helpful.

that's all,

good luck to everyone!

-eman