[Soc-2005-dev] Ping 2! (status update please)

Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez pablo at ics.uci.edu
Wed Aug 10 00:32:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm quite concerned about my project. I talked to my advisor after
SIGGRAPH (I saw the impressive Verse presentation there, BTW) and he
completely changed my priorities, leaving Blender at the bottom or
close. He's the one supporting me though the year, as I am a grad
student, so there's little I can do about it. It's sad, now that I was
starting to see some progress.

However, I still see a ray of light, since I must complete the sketching
system anyway in order to present it in a workshop, I'll do what I've
been told, which is coding it independently (not integrated w/ Blender,
that is), and hope that I'll have time the last week of August to hook
it with my SoC CVS branch. That's the only way I think I can finish it
without jeopardizing my degree here.

Hopefully I'll bring better news soon.

Cheers,
-Pablo