[Soc-2005-dev] Ping 2! (status update please)

Jiří Hnídek jiri.hnidek at vslib.cz
Tue Aug 9 21:09:42 CEST 2005

Hi,
I have very good feedback from blender users, but I know, that
verse-blender isn't much useful for real work just now. I have several
problems:

- some editmesh tools aren't too verse friendly (changes of vertex/edge
pointers of faces aren't executed in one function or macro) ... I will
have to do some syncing (CCGSubSurf seems as good inspiration)
- similar problem is undo system
- verse doesn't support edges ... it is very problematic sometimes ... I
will have to do some evil hack of verse specification and convince eskil
about neccessarity of edges in verse specification in the future
- verse terminated communication sometimes, becuse blender doesn't send
keep alive packets during rendering, particle calculation, etc. ... I
will have to implement some reconnection (messy solution) or have all
verse callbacks functions and update system in separated thread
- I will have to implement drawing of verse mesh using derived mesh

I hope, that 3 weeks will be enough for me, because my TODO list is very
long :-(.

Jiri Hnidek