[Sig2006] Siggraph 2006, final overview

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Feb 2 16:29:57 CET 2007

Hi all,

Time for a final costs overview! All numbers below are in USD.

The invoices itself you can download here:
http://www.blender.org/bf/sigcosts.zip

------------Final costs for Siggraph 2006----------------

(Invoices attached in zip)

Floorspace:             7800
Rigging                 1684
Ceiling + lights        4558
Freeman (booth+labor)   7208
Giant prints            2160
AV + Computer Rental   10191
T shirts                1623
----------------------------
                        35224

(No invoices attached, direct or related costs)

Electricity              450
Banner stand             300
Drinks/lunch crew        750
Power strips etc         100
Booth party              600
Dinners volunteers       550
Car rental / gas         650
Small receipts	         250?
----------------------------
                         3550

There might be small stuff we didn't book as booth costs, but as
personal
costs/expenses for me. The total has been nice below the maximum of 40k,
mostly because of the very low final quote on rigging/ceiling.

Now, was this worth the investment...? What's not in the budget is my
time...
preparations for such a show is weeks of work, not to mention what all
volunteers have invested! :)
Most evidently the show was a giant success, and a lot of fun to do for
everyone. Being visible this way is worth some money!

I'm seriously thinking over 2007 again, but that will depend on
sponsors!

Thanks,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org