[Sig2006] More individual promo?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Jul 11 13:55:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

>  - Since you're spending the most money and time on the stand, I was
> expecting Blender (and Elephants Dream) to have the majority of the
> branding on the stand

Well, for CG illustrations yes, but the logos we show (GNOME, Blender,
Uni-verse) will each get equal attention.

>  - I was hoping that a clear list of what was expected of the GNOME
> Foundation in terms of artwork and publicity would be available
> earlier.
> I've been working on getting volunteers, who will be able to talk about
> the programmes and give some 15" demos, but I haven't particularly been
> worried about artwork or handouts - the stand should be great.

I've indicated from start that the partners  should be prepared to fill
in
one 'poster' (now banner stand)  themselves, so they can add their own
message.
I know I'm late with specs for it... sorry, but this booth stuff is a
hell
of a job. :)

>  - For artwork, I guess I need to know the goal of the artwork - is it
> to label space as GNOME space, Blender space, etc (what I understood),
> or is it to inform about the project?

The main title of the booth (giant texts) remains general: "Open Source
Pavilion".
The branding (logos) is for the three of us.
The artistic prints will be Blender related yes, showing Blender
artwork. BTW;
one of the prints will be designed by the Plumiferos team. I really like
to help them getting attention on Siggraph as well.

I still don't have the final specs from the booth constructor, which is
the
reason I cannot show final design for the large prints yet...

> I bet that a handout would be more
> useful for informing people, and that the banners should really only be
> about attracting the eye.

Yep... but what kind of handout you think of, flyers? You are
of course free to do so, but that wasn't on my list to organize.

> So there you have it - I've essentially been working on the basis of
> finding 4 to 5 GNOME volunteers, and 1 or 2 GIMP volunteers for the
> stand, and let the stand be our communications vehicle.

Excellent. I'm opening a maillist for the crew today. Please confirm to
me
the email addresses of these people?

> If we need to have some printing done for flyers or posters, I
> probably need to know
> now. I was planning on leaving the banner as just some branded space
> rather than an informational leaflet.

You're free to come with any banner design... if you like to only have
the
logos on it, go ahead!

Hope it's a bit clear now... we can also have a short IRC session this
week, with
Uni-Verse, you and me?

-Ton-