[Robotics] Project I wish to do for Blender for better Robot Navigation

Shreedhar Pawar shreedhar22 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:18:34 CEST 2013

Respected Sir,
      I am interested in building a parallel algorithm for estimating depth
of an image using stereo images on the OpenCL platform. Image depth
estimation is really useful in robot navigation or in other areas of
blender development like in gaming or 2D-3D video conversion.
     There are many people who have build algorithms of estimating image
depths, but the area of parallel computing with OpenCL is a bit unexplored.
OpenCL is better than CUDA in  terms of portability(i.e. the code can be
used with any graphic card or any multiprocessing CPU and even on handheld
devices) which is the reason I choose to use it.
     Please let me know whether I can do this project for Blender, so that
I will send the details of the parallel algorithm and how it is better than
any of the algorithms outside.

Thanking You,

  Your faithful,
Shreedhar Pawar.