[Robotics] Simple mobile robotics scenario for unviersity

Damien Jade Duff DJDuff at cs.bilgi.edu.tr
Wed Feb 1 10:13:56 CET 2012

Dear All

I am sharing the simple mobile robotics scenario we created at our
university, something like Morse (and based on some models from Morse),
but a lot more cut-down.

It was created for educational purposes and is very simple, just
leveraging the great Blender game engine. It enables students to solve
simple problems in mobile robotics in Python (in particular, motion
planning, control, and estimation). If we run the same course again next
year, the only improvement envisaged is a small extension to handle
multiple robots.

Any comments are of course welcome.

The downloadable .blend file:
http://bilgibots.wikispaces.com/BBotsSimulatorVersions

Instructions on use (need NumPy and SciPy and just need to edit a single
Python module, UserController.py):
http://bilgibots.wikispaces.com/BlenderSimulate

The course we used it for:
http://courses.cs.bilgi.edu.tr/course/view.php?id=260