[Robotics] MORSE 0.2 released

Ruben Smits ruben.smits at mech.kuleuven.be
Fri Jan 21 09:57:49 CET 2011

On Thursday 20 January 2011 17:26:37 Séverin Lemaignan wrote:
> We are glad to announce the official release of the BSD-licensed Modular
> Open Robot Simulation Engine (MORSE) 0.2, codenamed "the Human-Robot
> Interaction release".
>
> 6 months of work, more than 600 commits and over 7500 lines of code (and
> a fair amount of time spend building models in Blender) for this new
> release!
>
> Amongst the highlights:
> - full support for Blender 2.5+/python3.1,
> - a new "immersive" mode to control a human in the simulation,
> - support for Kuka LWR and PA-10 arms,
> - new sensors and actuators, including SICK laser scanner and a new high
> level "semantic camera", which leads to more than 10 classes of
> available robotic sensors, 8 classes of actuators and 3 complete robotic
> platforms,
> - a new homepage (http://morse.openrobots.org)

Some feedback on the homepage: It doesn't show at first site what the project
is about, I see logo's of partners and a smiley, then I have to scroll to see
the rest (I have a 1920x1080 resolution screen). Wouldn't it be better to flip
the contents of the site so that the first thing you see is something morse
related?

> and a completely revamped
> documentation, available here:
>
>            http://www.openrobots.org/morse/doc

> discussions,

Where can I subscribe to this mailinglist? I haven't found a link on the morse
site.

> - and of course, tons of bug fixes (nasty nasty 3D transformations!)
>
> The complete changelog is online here [1].
> The source is available from GitHub: https://github.com/laas/morse
>
> Now, lets head to the exciting release 0.3 (it may well feature ROS and
> PR2 support...who knows... :-) )
>
> Happy simulation!
> Séverin, for the MORSE team
>
> [1] https://github.com/laas/morse/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES