[Robotics] Triggering a Blender frame calculation from an external programme...

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.be
Mon Jan 10 18:03:23 CET 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Markus Mehrwald wrote:

> if you use sockets you can create a blocking one and stay there until
> you send something from your 'master'.

Does the game engine also block...?

> Hope this helps or is the problem more complex then I am thinking at the
> moment?

I don't know exactly what you are thinking :-) But I am interested in
finding out whether or not one can let Blender wait to do a frame
computation until a certain external event has occured.
The use case for this would be when we want to use the Blender simulator in
a time-synchronized way with other "components", and they all have to
progress together, time step by time step.

> Markus

Herman

> Am 10.01.2011 16:50, schrieb Herman Bruyninckx:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> does anyone happen to know how to make Blender work as a 'slave', waiting
>> to do its next frame simulation only when triggered (in one way or another)
>> by an external programme?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Herman

   K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Eng., Mechatronics & Robotics Research Group
     <http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 328056
   EURON Coordinator (European Robotics Research Network) <http://www.euron.org>
   Open Realtime Control Services <http://www.orocos.org>
   Associate Editor JOSER <http://www.joser.org>, IJRR <http://www.ijrr.org>