[Robotics] GSoC proposal on COLLADA Animation support

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Tue Apr 12 09:18:04 CEST 2011

Hello Sukhitha,

On 04/12/2011 04:56 AM, Sukhitha Jayathilake wrote:
> It's the proposal review period and I would like some feedback from the
> robotics community of blender on my proposal. Any suggestion will be
> highly appreciated.

I'm happy to learn that you plan to work on Collada improvement, it's a
key technology for 3D assets exchange and standardisation.

Regarding the robotics specific needs: the part of the spec we are the
most interested in is Physics and Kinematic chains (part of Collada
1.5). So animation per se is maybe not what we need the most. But
general improvement of Collada support is nevertheless a very good news.

Btw, did your branch on Physics support get merged in the trunk of
OpenCollada and Blender?

Maybe others want to comment?

Regards,
Séverin

           Séverin Lemaignan - severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
   [00]    PhD student on Cognitive Robotics
  /|__|\   LAAS-CNRS - RIS group / Technische Uni München - IAS group
    ''     +33561337844 / +498928917780
           http://www.laas.fr/~slemaign