[Robotics] Passing image data from blender to Corba

Arnaud Degroote arnaud.degroote at laas.fr
Mon May 31 14:57:18 CEST 2010

On 31/May - 14:41, Steven Bellens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to use the RoboTIS-Vision package (
> http://robotis.onera.fr/orocos) to integrate Blender, python, Corba and
> Orocos. Currently I'm trying to pass an Image from Python over Corba to
> Orocos and I'm stuck at the blender/python side. I created the Image using
> the Image struct:
>                         Image.nChannels = 4
> Image.depth = 8
> Image.width = size[0]
> Image.height = size[1]
> Image.imageData = image
> Image.nSize =size[0]*size[1]*4*8
> Image.dataOrder = 0
> Image.origin = 0
> Image.widthStep = size[0]*4
> but I don't know how to pass it on to Corba. Any ideas/suggestions for this?

I won't answer directly to the question, because I didn't use corba since a long
time. Yet, you can check the code in the Morse simulator, in particular the file
components/sensors/cameras/Camera_Module.py (on the master branch) to see how we
export virtual camera from blender to outside world (at the moment, we export it
through YARP (we use RoboTIS-OroYarp to make the gate between Orocos and Yarp))
or pocolibs (but it is a bit LAAS centric)).

I hope it will help you a bit

(for people who try to checkout the git repository, it works, but for unknow
reason, it is really really slow. We apologize for it).

Best regards,

--
Arnaud Degroote
PhD Student