[Robotics] Camera calibration parameters

Gilberto Echeverria gilberto.echeverria at laas.fr
Tue May 11 11:14:22 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

As part of the Open Robots Simulator (now called MORSE), we are now
connecting Blender with other robotics software modules that do the
processing of the data sent by the simulation. In the case of image data
from a camera, these modules expect the image to have an associated
calibration matrix.

The calibration matrix is composed with the focal point, the focal
length and the dimensions of the acquired image as a number of pixels
per unit of distance. For the simulated camera in Blender, we can
consider the focal point to be (0,0). For the other two parameters we
have been unable to find the data in Blender. We are using the Blender
camera object and the VideoTexture module to generate captured images.
Does anyone know where this information could be found in Blender?

Best regards

Gilberto