[Robotics] Issue with VideoTexture

Steven Bellens steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be
Mon Jul 12 10:36:50 CEST 2010

2010/7/6 Séverin Lemaignan <severin.lemaignan at laas.fr>:
> We have investigated the issue with the VideoTexture module that
> wouldn't load within Blender.
>
> It seems to be related to Blender not being compiled with FFMPEG in
> Ubuntu or Fedora.

I can confirm this is the case for Fedora systems. I had the problem
some weeks ago and was only able to solve it by compiling blender from
source with the FFMPEG option enabled. It was hard to find any
information about the FFMPEG option in the fedora Blender package, but
I see they now mention it on the package site:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/builds/show/F-12-i386-u/blender/0/2.49b/8.fc12/i686?_csrf_token=92b08a16c4994f478021698c23b0b78d153eeba5

Steven