[Robotics] PyBrain

saint saint at cyberchaos.nl
Tue Dec 21 16:23:32 CET 2010

Dear fellow robonerds,

First I would like to confess that i am not an educated robonerd but just
very interested in the subject of robotics.

As a hobby I build a litle 6 legged robot(18xservo+scc32) , and wrote
scripts to control it from blender.
It all works, but no AI of course..

Looking for a way to train my robot virtual I stumbled on pybrain wich I
think looks very promising!
since I build the robot in blender (and then ordered the parts at
shapeways) I already have a full mesh and working armature.

Getting pybrain to work in blender is a cool idea at it it self and
following their video instructions its no problemmo.

Check out the videos at pybrain, they even have some examples of training
a virtual robot to pick up a glass.(40 lines of code)

hope this will be helpful to some of you.

ref:
 http://pybrain.org/
 http://www.shapeways.com

Joachim van Brakel