[Robotics] Blender Free and Open Source Robot Worker

Will Jackson will at engineeredarts.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 15:06:57 CEST 2010

The notion of humanoid robot as worker is an odd one - there really is
no good reason to do it - we are already surrounded by highly
optimised 'robot' workers.

There are however some reasons to build a humanoid robot that IMHO are
valid - interaction with humans, entertainment and education.
These are the areas where a human body model makes practical sense.

There is an often repeated assertion that in order to operate in a human
centric world humanoid robots are necessary - this is simply not true
and is proven by all the functional robots
already in use.

Humans are actually poorly adapted to many manual tasks - which is why
we have developed a large range of power tools to assist us, the essence
of good design is suitability for purpose why start out with a design
model that is unfit?
I acknowledge a long standing and passionate desire to create mechanical
/ artificial  representations of humanity - but why?

Will Jackson

Director

Engineered Arts Limited
Unit 11 Kernick Business Park