[Robotics] Middlewares: the sequel

Gilberto Echeverria gilberto.echeverria at laas.fr
Mon Sep 21 15:31:28 CEST 2009

Hi Benoit,

We are currently trying to implement a stereo camera sensor. As you
mentioned there are no python sensors at the moment, so our current
approach is to use the Game Engine sensors connected to a python Controller.

The way we're trying to implement the stereo camera is by having two
Blender camera objects on the robot, plus the scene camera. We want to
generate screen captures of what the cameras on board the robot see, but
without changing the users's view of the scene. As in Severin's example,
we can capture a portion of the Blender screen using glReadPixels, but
this requires the view from the robot camera to be shown on-screen. So
what we need is to do off-screen rendering of the additional cameras.
I'm looking at how this can be done in Blender 2.5.

 From the other threads I see that Blender 2.5 no longer includes the
Blender module. So where can I now find the BGL or equivalent module to
make use of OpenGL functions? Is there any documentation available at
the moment?

Cheers
Gilberto