[Robotics] Blender and academic world

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Wed Apr 15 18:44:56 CEST 2009

> I am rather happy with the semantics of "sensor" and "actuator" and
> "controller" in the Game Engine, since these meanings correspond _very_
> well to the common meaning in robotics :-)

Just to underline that in Damien's case, they want to use external
devices as sensors to control things inside Blender (which match the
GameEngine "sensor" concept) while "sensor" can be used as well as
"simulated sensors" (either proprioceptive or exteroceptive, as stated
by Herman), and in this case, the sensors values would be outputs of the
simulator, to be used in external application (robotic software in our
cases).

Herman, I put your summary of "actuators/sensors/controllers" on the
wiki since it's an excellent introduction, I think.

Severin