[Robotics] IPO drivers within an armature

Istvan burbank iman1100 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 02:09:17 CEST 2009

I had actually just started making a robot when this list started,
perfect timing!

As I was sketching out a plan, and making some test rigs I came across
a problem: When one bone moves I want another bone in the same rig to
move from an IPO driver. The problem is that I can't use a bone from
the same object as the bone is in that is being controlled. The
solution (I think) is to parent a dummy object to the driver bone,
then have the IPO driver be driven by the dummy, however I think this
to be rather in-elegant. Are there any solutions/tips people would
like to offer?

~Istvan.
--
Knowledge is a measure of how many answers you have, intelligence is a
measure of how many questions you have.